Thursday, December 04, 2008
so i went and took some pics in the yard... these are my fav ones :)
yes the last one is a striped ladybeetle..
All the kids here are keen on finding ladybeetles lol
Wednesday, December 03, 2008
today we had the playgroup xmas party.. kids had so much fun.. there was a jumping castle, and Santa arrived on the firetruck.. sirens and all. he gave each of the kids a present, then we had a potluck feast for morning tea. was a great time. even tho my kids wanted nothing to do with santa up close lol
this is just one of the photos I got today.. its my fav!!!
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
I rang Glenn to let him know what happened, then tried to get the nuts off, they were too tight. Called NRMA (Racq/roadside assistance) up to 60mins waiting time. . .
40mins later the guy turned up to help me.. he was done in 5 mins
I then drove to the tire place, had to get a new tire @ over $100. and then eventually got home.
At least, nothing major happened. I mean it was bad enough, but it could have been far worse. Accidents happen because of these things.. if it had been a front tire, I could have rolled the car.. I Was going just over 110kms/hr (the speed limit)
Sunday, October 12, 2008
Its October already.. Breast cancer Month!!
Ok so catch up here....
- July - we had a quick trip to Qld for David & Adele's wedding. Glenn's brother was remarried on July 13 in Toowoomba. Glenn had come down from townsville with his Parents and Randall and Mel & Nat met them up there as they went with Uncle Jeffrey. around 630pm the saturday night before hand I chose to drive up there with the little ones. Left about 815pm and got to toowoomba (in Qld) about 730.. just as I was coming into town we ran out of fuel... ugh.. 750kms after I filled up down here LOL Lovely Wedding. the Monday morning we got up and went to Movie World on the gold coast. left there, and chose to drive home.. After of course visiting with Rosemarie & Andrew and the boys. Got to Grafton and got a motel.. it was only midnight. then travelled the rest of the way home the following day.
- My birthday of course was at the end of the month.. and we had a lovely time.
- August - not too much happened. Keeping up with the kids.. figuring out where exactly I want to be in life.. and thats still a work in progress lol
- September.. wow... september already. Yep we've been married 11 yrs now. And this year it fell on Father's day. My Inlaws came over for a BBQ after being away for about 4mo. they were only home a few weeks then off to travel for a few more weeks.
- September I also decided to take on being a tupperware demonstrator. Its fun, I am with a great team and am really making progress :)
- October.. the school holidays are here.. its a long weekend time and also a camping time :) we went to Allyn River, and had a fantastic time. Kids didn't want to go home, Nat jumped off cliffs and our old puppy dog came. he was worn out. And now the kids are begging to go again.
- School holidays we haven't done too much. its been warm. We have made a sandpit for the kids, got a rooster & 3 hens (still too young to lay) and spent heaps of time as a family.
- Glenn is still out of work, he's had a little work, but only 10days worth. Hopefully we will know something more in the next couple of weeks.
- Kids go back to school tomorrow YAY they are excited as they have been getting bored at home. And then there is missing their friends. Summer uniform yay.
- we have also had the twins assessment for school and its all a go ahead for next year.. its scary to think my babies are about to start school even worse when miss Kaitlyn tried on her uniform *sob sob*
- Ben is finally looking ready enough to potty train, so the potty is out and ready to use this week woohoo
Well its dinner time, I promise to be a better blogger ;)
OOPS forgot the pics.. check out my facebook albums...
Thursday, June 12, 2008
When I was pregnant with Natalie, I said I was having a boy or a problem girl.. well I got the latter. hopefully I didn't jinx myself.. Natalie has been a difficult child. And until the last 18mo I just thought it was her being a P.I.T.A. but i questioned it. Toward the end of last year I requested that Nat be assessed, for what I didn't know. probably ADD. Until recently a friends daughter was diagnosed with Aspergers. I went through the check list, and a heap of other information and Nat displays alot of the signs of aspergers. so... Once again I headed to my GP and now have a referral to a child psychologist. Aug5.. I should know more. so wish me luck.
its a relief to think that maybe she isn't doing it on purpose.. and I can look at her in a different light reminding myself that she can't help the way she is..
Click HERE for more information on Aspergers.
Saturday, April 19, 2008
I have to start doing this... thanks to GEMISHT and LIGHTENING for this wonderful Idea..
smiley saturday.. what today to I have to smile about...
- I should really be thankful for the rain... it means that we have never been on water restrictions like half the other country.
- The kids are home on holidays, this first week has gone by quite fast.. they are being good so far, have been helping out.
- I am thankful that tonight when I called into Bilo, my window wasn't smashed in like a few others.
- I am in love with my new fridge!! and the money we saved when I talked to guy down :)
- I have made contact with a very good friend over seas, through the marvelous site Facebook
- And last but not least, I am grateful for a wonderful husband who has been a huge help this last week at home when he hasn't been able to work because of the rain.\
I hope this post finds you all well!!!
Wednesday, April 09, 2008
What Chandelle Means
You are a naturally creative person. Ideas just flow from your mind.
A true chameleon, you are many things at different points in your life. You are very adaptable.
You are truly an original person. You have amazing ideas, and the power to carry them out.
Success comes rather easily for you... especially in business and academia.
Some people find you to be selfish and a bit overbearing. You're a strong person.
You are usually the best at everything ... you strive for perfection.
You are confident, authoritative, and aggressive.
You have the classic "Type A" personality.
You are very intuitive and wise. You understand the world better than most people.
You also have a very active imagination. You often get carried away with your thoughts.
You are prone to a little paranoia and jealousy. You sometimes go overboard in interpreting signals.
You are balanced, orderly, and organized. You like your ducks in a row.
You are powerful and competent, especially in the workplace.
People can see you as stubborn and headstrong. You definitely have a dominant personality.
You are friendly, charming, and warm. You get along with almost everyone.
You work hard not to rock the boat. Your easy going attitude brings people together.
At times, you can be a little flaky and irresponsible. But for the important things, you pull it together.
You are relaxed, chill, and very likely to go with the flow.
You are light hearted and accepting. You don't get worked up easily.
Well adjusted and incredibly happy, many people wonder what your secret to life is.
Tuesday, April 08, 2008
Glenn decided that since I was alone for the time I was... I deserve a break. So i am off to Brissy on thursday Morning to spend the weekend with a great friend of mine.
Now I get to pack.. and leave the kids, the house & all that up to Glenn... Ahhhh lovely :)
Monday, April 07, 2008
Tuesday, April 01, 2008
ok whats been happening?
- Jameeka turned 2, which required a birthday party.. Kids had heaps of fun and crashed when we got home.
- Our Bear got the snip, was told that he would be quiet... HA yeah right. he was tearing around the house that night as if nothing had happened.
- Swimming carnival... Mel kicked BUTT! she won 2 events, and came places in all the other races.
- Stuka puppy also turned 8!!!
- Benjamin got croup :(
- Mel was supposed to have her first Pathfinder's campout but was cancelled due to bad weather :( bummer
- its MARCH!!!
- Its Erins Birthday (Nat's bestie) and since our families are close like family, we kinda celebrated most of the weekend LOL We went bowling on saturday night after they had adventurers. had heaps of fun bowling. Kaitlyn & Rachel enjoyed their first time too..
- Friday the 14th, Glenn flew in.. and when we went to pick up the 3 little ones from preschool Benjamin saw him and laughed, and laughed and laughed!!! was so funny.
- The saturday was Nat's 9th birthday!!! we went to church, and had a BBQ tea with family.. was lovely!
- The sunday was Nat's party @ Mingara.. was a fun day of swimming.. and it was lovely to have P and her kids join us as well.. 2 hrs of water activities.. and I made a butterfly cake for her..
- Glenn flew back to townsville :(
- The 3 little ones had their preschool photos.. that was interesting.. they will be back in a bit. can't wait to see them
- then it was Katya's (our triplet) birthday. oh Man can D throw a 4yo's birthday party. Water fights, food, mayhem... great time (Thanks d xoxox)
- 22nd was Glenn's birthday. we had celebrated the week before.
- it was also Easter.. and we are chocolated out. Our neighbor had an egg hunt in their yard for all the kids. Lovely gesture. chocolate chocolate everywhere!!!
- 28th was Tala's birthday (ben's girl) and she is a big 2 now!! yipee!!!
- I had the dentist, and dr that day.. as well as fridge shopping.. have decided on the fridge.. now just to make sure it fits in the gap we have...
- saturday we vegged out in the morning, and in the afternoon we headed out to dad's place. where they decided to shout us Macca's... oh they learnt a lesson with taking 5 kids to macca's lmao!!!
- Kittens - one has gone to its new home :( the other are going soon. they are 8 wks tomorrow. as much as i love them, i can't keep up with them.
- And now its official... We are not going to move anywhere near townsville.. Work hasn't worked out up there. the company is disorganised and no one wants to work for them... Glenn is flying home on thursday.. and Has work lined up.. looks like it will be a good job down here.
Well there you are folks.. the last month's run down. I will add some photos of the last month very shortly!!
Love to all
Monday, February 18, 2008
he was going to drive.. but well the roads are all flooded.. so he had to fly.
Back to being a single mum.. now to get over that part, and get myself into a functioning routine :)
The next day (yesterday) Misty went missing.. i thought maybe i could follow her and if she had hidden the others, i could get them... all the kids were looking for her, but i went back in to check the box and there she was feeding. but i could still hear a meow.
I moved the box, and the meows got louder. there were 2 very distressed kittens at the back of my shoes..
what i think happened.. is they went climbing.. just crawling as they do.. and climbed up but couldn't get back.
Anyway all ends well... mummy & babies were reunited and are all fine now.
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
y & poppy's. where they both got a new bike with trainer wheels, helmet, and an outfit for winter :) very lucky girls.
Monday, February 04, 2008
Tuesday, January 01, 2008
And how many times do we not stick to them? me? almost never!
so this year I have made a goal, of improvement... not a change.
* get ahead financially. . I have made steps already, Then I can start saving.. And all of this is done on no major income from my hubby.
* be healthier.. Eat better, exercise more. (wouldn't be hard) and hopefully I will lose some weight. I am not setting an end goal.. Any is better than nothing.
* be a better mum.. Learn more patience. Teach the girls more about the house hold and how to take care of it.
* improve my marriage any way possible. I want to find my dh appealing. And want him physically.. And ATM I don't at all.. I know this is with in me.. Not him.
* and then FLY better :)
not really alot to say, we stayed home.. there were 8 kids here. so mayhem all around LOL
the little ones went to sleep, and the big ones had sparklers, and glow sticks in which they threw them in the air, and looked pretty cool..
unfortunately, being hormonal/emotional didn't help to make it an enjoyable night.. but today,
A special friend was in Sydney, and I went down and met Inger. have talked to her for awhile now, and it was lovely to finally meet her :)
I have very tired kids today.. so hopefully an early night all around. I was up most of the night tending to each of the kids.. thats what also happens when there are 8 in the house LOL
have a great 1st day :)