Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Grrrr....

I finished the grocery shopping.. was travelling home on the F3 freeway and suddenly an explosion.. the steering wheel was shaking so bad I could barely hold it. slowed down and pulled over to the side.. look in the mirror and my tire, the rear tire on the right was flat.. I limped the car into the emergancy stop and look at the tire...



I rang Glenn to let him know what happened, then tried to get the nuts off, they were too tight. Called NRMA (Racq/roadside assistance) up to 60mins waiting time. . .

40mins later the guy turned up to help me.. he was done in 5 mins

I then drove to the tire place, had to get a new tire @ over $100. and then eventually got home.

Phew..
At least, nothing major happened. I mean it was bad enough, but it could have been far worse. Accidents happen because of these things.. if it had been a front tire, I could have rolled the car.. I Was going just over 110kms/hr (the speed limit)

xoxoxox

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Phew. Praise God you weren't injured. Did it just blow? Or you drove over something? Guess you don't know.

Kez said...

How lucky that nothing major happened - it could have been so much worse. Thank goodness you're ok!

The Arthur Family said...

it just blew.. well exploded.. nothing to cause it. but it was one of the older tyres.

Anonymous said...

One day this will be in the book... no one could ever say your life was boring!!!
So glad you are safe :)